* As it turns out, the good guy with a gun thought they were watching an elaborate play. [Detroit News]
* Man arrested for starting a fire in Utah claims that he was trying to kill a spider. That’s an affirmative defense in my book. [CNN]
* Looks like our tech laws will lead to further “entanglements” with Russia. [Newsweek]
* Abortion might not be in the Constitution, but free speech definitely is. What gives? [Scientific American]
* How’s work working in Colorado? Here’s your employment law primer. [JD Supra]
Chris Williams became a social media manager and assistant editor for Above the Law in June 2021. Prior to joining the staff, he moonlighted as a minor Memelord™ in the Facebook group Law School Memes for Edgy T14s. He endured Missouri long enough to graduate from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. He is a former boatbuilder who cannot swim, a published author on critical race theory, philosophy, and humor, and has a love for cycling that occasionally annoys his peers. You can reach him by email at email@example.com and by tweet at @WritesForRent.